Cabarrus Center Hosts 53 Ideas Pitch Competition Finale
The Cabarrus Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship hosted the 53 Ideas Pitch Competition finale in its state-of-the-art event space located in downtown Concord, NC.
The 53 Ideas Pitch Competition was created to expand upon the community’s innovative ideas and provide everyone with a chance to share their ideas, test viability and compete for funding to support new venture creation. Anyone aged 16+ who resides in the ten counties surrounding Charlotte could enter.
This annual competition is presented by the South Piedmont Community College’s Small Business Center and is supported by its title sponsor, Fifth Third Bank. The partners involved in the initiative includes Small Business Centers in the Southwest Region from Rowan-Cabarrus, Gaston, Cleveland, Central Piedmont, Mitchell, and Stanly Community Colleges.
Top 10 Contestants
The winners of the competition will be revealed during a livestream from the Cabarrus Center, which can be accessed by visiting this link.
Top 10 contestants are listed below in no particular order:
- Ash Malepati, Bitesavvy
- Domoninque Boone, Leslie’s Laundry Care
- Kim Harclerode, No Mess SPF
- Katie Miller, Forever Homes Co.
- Eric Halili, Rebrand Wellness Innovations
- Cheryl Olds, Home of Aloha
- Ahriana Edwards, Vaila Shoes
- Nicole Hawthorne, Jayla’s Heirlooms
- Liz Bennett-Kemp, Liz Kemp Yoga & Fitness
- Jackson Sippe & James Wheeler, Worxstr
For the latest updates on the competition, click here.