- This event has passed.
Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur (Part 2)
December 9, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$95
**Part 2 of a two-part virtual event**
Raising equity capital is challenging at best. Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur (IRE) is designed to educate and prepare growth-oriented entrepreneurs to successfully engage private equity investors. This program was developed by experienced entrepreneurs, angel investors, angel networks/fund executives and venture capitalists, and provides an “insider’s look” into the world of equity funding. By viewing investors as “customers of equity”, entrepreneurs can reduce barriers to funding, navigate the process more easily, and increase the chances of obtaining funding.
Attendees will learn:
- What investors look for and expect
- The equity investment process and terminology
- How investors approach valuation and deal structure
- The impact of COVID19 on the investment landscape
- How to become “investor-ready” and improve your business while you’re at it
This is a two-part virtual event hosted by the Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC).
- Part 1: December 2, 2020 – 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Part 2: December 9, 2020 – 1:00pm-4:00pm
Keynote Speaker: Robert Preville, Founder & CEO at KWIPPED, Inc.
Presenter & Moderator: Mike Carnes, Equity Funding Specialist at SBTDC
Program Cost: $95