- This event has passed.
Cutting the Fluff: Developing Better Marketing and Communication
May 12, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - June 16, 2021 @ 8:00 pm
Effective communications strategies to establish a solid foundation for growing your business and creating partnerships across your industry is critical. While marketing your business is one thing, effectively communicating your business WHY is another that we often miss the mark on. Our modules will show women how to implement tactics to position their brands for success, media coverage, social media success, etc. Very heavy on communications strategies and resources for growth/scalability.
Students will go through six modules throughout the course of the cohort. Specific emphasis will be placed on a case study to be broken down into pertinent examples and actionable steps.
• Course orientation and introduction to branding vs marketing
• Establishing your brand values and message (customer discovery and why)
• Micro lessons from Biz 101
• Communication and brand management goals and KPls
• Successful launch tactics
• Case study final analysis
Attendees will walk away from this course with an action oriented communication plan that supports their brand values. Students will be able to effectively communicate their mission and why via a 30 second elevator pitch.
Develop an agile pitch deck, a short and long form bio, and customer discovery report.
Through interactive lessons, students will have the opportunity to test out their proposed messages and receive feedback on efficiency and effectiveness.
**Session Dates:** May 12, May 19, May 26, June 2, June 9, and June 16
**Session Time:** 6 PM – 8 PM
* You must be a woman in business
* You must be able to attend all 6 sessions
* You must have internet access
* You must have a laptop or computer (not Chrome Books)