Partner Spotlight: Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
Our primary focus at the Cabarrus Center is to support the creation of new businesses and the growth of existing small businesses through free or low-cost educational and networking programs, mentor networks, capital access and events. We will be doing this in collaboration with a dynamic group of partners and we are very excited to introduce you to all of them!
This week, we’re shining the spotlight on our partners at the Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) in Charlotte!
The SBTDC is among The University of North Carolina’s business and technology extension. Located on the UNC Charlotte campus, their experienced business advisory team offers confidential, in-depth business counseling to mid-sized company business owners and management staff. They routinely assist their clients with developing and implementing viable strategies that enhance their competitive advantage and success in the marketplace. They also provide assistance to entrepreneurs preparing to launch their next venture.
The SBTDC helps their clients:
- Assess and benchmark current profitability and organizational effectiveness.
- Identify market opportunities from customer profiling, competitive analysis, and industry research.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term business strategies.
- Link business strategies to workplace learning and performance.
- Measure and monitor progress toward profitability and organizational effectiveness.
- Identify new government contracting opportunities; assist in obtaining qualified subcontractors; and reviewing proposals/bids before submission.
We are pleased to have the Small Business and Technology Development Center as one of our partners at the Cabarrus Center!
If you are interested in learning more about their services and training sessions prior to the opening of the Cabarrus Center, visit sbtdc.org/offices/uncc.